Friends of the Glencoe Golf Club
In addition to providing a first-class public golf course, the Glencoe Golf Club continues to serve residents by its commitment to the environment and the open space that the course provides. The Golf Club has achieved designation as a Certified Audubon Cooperative Sanctuary through the Audubon Cooperative Sanctuary Program for Golf Courses and has been recognized for Environmental Stewardship by Audubon International. The Club is also a member of the Monarch Butterfly Sanctuary Program and Monarchs in the Rough.
Over 100 Acres of Turf Grass
- Provide wildlife habitat
- Discourages pests (e.g. ticks and mosquitoes)
- Produces oxygen
- Creates temperature modifications
- Provides cooling effect for the surrounding property
- Provides noise abatement
- Aids in allergy control
- Provide pollutant absorption
Over 1,000 Trees
- Enhancement of the overall Urban Forest; enhance the FPD properties that surround the GGC.
- Noise abatement
- Attraction for wildlife
- Oxygen Production